Whole-Cut Type II
Whole-Cut Type II
Whole-Cut due to the nature of the design, we use a whole English full grain oak bark tanned bridle leather shoulder with a heavy substance to form the single piece body of the bag. A hand saddle stitch construction is then used to sew the inside pocket and side seams to form the overall shape. This ancient sewing technique is a time consuming method proven to add decades to the life of the product over machine sewing due to the knot formed in every stitch. Barbour's Irish 5 strand natural linen cord is our chosen thread, hand waxed to naturally lubricate and add weather resistance to the seams. The handles of the bag are cut from the bend (the rump) of the animal and have a much firmer and dense structure resulting in minimal stretch when load-bearing.
The leather we use is full grain meaning scars, stretch marks and blemishes are uncorrected and present giving a characterful and natural finish. Because of this, no two items are ever the same, each unique and completely one of a kind.
Available in our three standard colour options Natural Russet, Dark Stain and Black with a forth option of natural sueded Flesh Out on special request.
- English oak bark pit tanned bridle leather
- Hand set solid copper saddle rivets securing the handles
- Barbour's Irish hand waxed five strand natural linen cord used on all seams.
- Sand cast solid brass hardwear from our Walsall foundry for optional detachable shoulder strap and key clip fastening
- Completely hand constructed in our London E2 workshop
Bags are made to order and require a two to four week production time.
Dispatched in a dust bag and with a pot of leather cream to help maintain and treat the leather.