The Foundry was opened in 1832 by B.B. Stanley Brother Ltd as an equestrian lorinery foundry specialising in horse bits and metal components for harness making. With an archive of patterns dating back to 1832 the foundry are able to recreate and continue to make classic styles in the traditional technique of green sand casting.
We only use solid metal hardware cast in this way as it ensures a longer life and a more durable finish. Our stock choice is brass, mainly because of the way it ages and its traditional look. We never use plated or unnatural metal finishes as they rub off and tarnish badly.