Light weight with a highly durable construction, the Coal Bag is a timeless option inspired by naval coal bags used during the war eras. Crafted from a single piece of 24oz cotton or 20oz flax canvas, the design has been adapted to feature a double interior pocket for day to day functionality. It has two solid brass side dee-rings to attach the detachable cotton shoulder strap and keys to held in place by durable leather riveted tabs. The handles are cut from the highest grade of English oak bark tanned bridle leather and secured to the bag using solid copper saddle rivets.
The leather we use is full grain meaning scars, stretch marks and blemishes are uncorrected and present giving a characterful and natural finish. Because of this, no two items are ever the same, each unique and completely one of a kind.
Available in our three standard 24oz cotton colour options Natural Loomstate/Natural Russet leather, Moss Green/ Dark Stain leather and Black/Black leather. Other variations are available on special request.
• English oak bark pit tanned bridle leather handles
• 24oz loomstate cotton canvas / 24oz dry proofed coloured cotton canvas
• Hand set solid copper saddle rivets
• Sand cast solid brass dee-rings to secure keys and shoulder strap to
• Double interior pocket (one leather, one cotton)
• Detachable cotton shoulder strap with solid brass hardware
• Completely hand constructed in our London E2 workshop
All bags are made to order and require a two to three week production time.
Dispatched in a dust bag with a repair swatch.